Enhance your regular coffee with protein for a satisfying frappé style drink that will keep you full for hours. Using rolled oats adds fibre for a more complete breakfast shake.
The recipe calls for cold coffee. You can either make the coffee the night before and cool it in your fridge or you can simply use instant coffee in lukewarm or cold water. For a kid’s version of this drink, use hot chocolate in place of the coffee.
To keep the ice cubes from watering down your coffee you can freeze coffee or milk in ice cube trays ahead of time.
High Protein Mocha Frappé
- 1 scoop of LeanFit Whey Protein
- 1 cup of chilled strong coffee
- Milk or milk alternative to taste
- 2 tsp cocoa (or chocolate syrup)
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup of uncooked rolled oats (optional)
- Blend together protein and coffee.
- Add milk to taste. Keep in mind that most protein powders contains natural sweeteners and you may need less milk than you normally take in your coffee.
- Add ice cubes, cocoa and rolled oats (if using).
- Blend for about a minute until you reach the desired consistency.