Grain-free Protein Crackers
Food blogger, Jessica shares a 4 ingredient cracker recipe that can be mixed together in minutes.
Top them with dips, a simple piece of cheese or eat them plain. They make for great snacks in lunches or part of an appetizer.
Grain-Free Protein Crackers
- 1 and 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Unflavoured LeanFit Whey protein
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add sour cream to the dry mix and form dough into a ball.
- Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, flatten the dough with a rolling pin to desired thickness (I like mine very, very thin).
- Remove top parchment paper and cut them into squares.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in oven preheated to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let crackers cool, top with favourite toppings and serve.
- Season with your own favourite spice blends or leave them plain. These are great topped with smashed avocado or with a slice of cheese.
Tip: If the dough is very sticky when you are rolling it, refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
The macros are based on the recipe making 6 crackers
220 calories | 17 g protein | 7 g carbs (3 g fibre)| 16 g fat
JessPaige LCHF founder, Jessica Matschek, launched her blog in 2014 with the intention of educating the masses about all things concerning low-carbohydrate diets.
Jessica holds a Bachelor’s degree in Food Sciences and Nutrition from McGill and is currently pursuing her Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP-CPT) certification.