By Lindsay Webb
LeanFit Ambassador and Certified Nutrition Coach Lindsay Webb shared a Christmas-inspired protein muffin recipe.
Protein Peppermint Muffins
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 3/4 C buckwheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 scoop of LeanFit completegreen Protein
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg (or egg substitute if vegan)
- 1/4 C almond milk
- 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt (or non-dairy yoghurt if vegan)
- 1/2 C apple sauce
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1/2 C egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 candy canes (smashed into fine pieces)
- Red and green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat 350 degrees
- Mix your dry ingredients;
- Mix your wet ingredients
- Stir wet ingredients into dry mixture
- Fold in candy cane pieces
- Spoon into muffin pan
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes.
Recipes makes approximately 12 muffins.
Buckwheat flour is a naturally gluten-free flour choice. Other flours can be used but will affect the amount of wet ingredients needed.
Recommended Products for Recipe
This recipe was originally made with completegreen protein. It could also be made with Vanilla or Plain Whey Protein.